CSA Member Comments
Gorman Farm 2012 CSA Member Comments
- "We love Gorman Farms - the staff, the place, the food. Thank you!!!!"
- "I love my Gorman Farms CSA! I am so sad it's over, but look forward to 2013!"
- "Thank you for your responsiveness and obvious attention to quality and customer experience"
- "Gorman Farm has been our favorite CSA by far. The quality of your produce is significantly better than the others. We've also been very happy with your overall quantity, variety, logistics, convenience, and friendliness."
- "I know we eat a good deal more veggies while the farm stand is open because the produce has a very definite fresher flavor than that which we can purchase in the store. In some ways you could say we become "somewhat vegetarians"
during the CSA months."
- "We thoroughly enjoyed trying new vegetables and expanding our culinary horizons: thanks for such a great, local experience! We are already looking forward to next year."
- "I really enjoyed the CSA. It really gave me a sense of community and not being from this area, I felt a little more at home having fresh vegetables as we always did back where I grew up. The vegetables were always wonderful and I enjoyed
having a good reason to stop by the farm every week. Thank you all so much for all you do! Also, the honey is a-m-a-z-i-n-g."
- "Your staff is friendly and the overall experience is great. I appreciate what you do
for my health and for the community. Thanks"
- "Thanks for all your hard work to provide excellent local produce in the area. This will be my 3rd season in the CSA and I recommend you highly to anyone who will listen"
- "Really appreciate all the hard work and care that goes into the farm - it shows in the gorgeous delicious produce! Thanks for feeding us"
- "Your produce was a great value and fantastic quality! I am so glad that I participated!!! "
- "I thought given how young the CSA and the crazy weather that you did a good job balancing/honoring csa contract commitments each week against customer expectations. I liked occasional conversations with Famer Dave hearing about the weather the yellow on the tops or shoulders of tomatoes and how to fix or solve it by adding ingredients to the soil. I liked hearing about the weather, crops or bees and honey or where the corn was from and if it was good and that a gallon of cider was made available just for me after weeks of just missing being able to buy it. I would read the newsletter for tidbits like that. In grocery store's you are lucky to get COOL (Country of origin labeling) as to whether that lettuce is from Mexico or the Midwest and don't know conditions, such as: soil, water or pesticides it was grown in or how long it's been on the shelves."
- "We did not expect such a variety and were so excited to pick up every week. Even my daughter's friends enjoyed tagging along to the farm. We made sure to try any items that we have never had before. Even if we had to choose between something new or a favorite item. I learned how to cook several veggies. I have told several friends about the CSA. Thank you for the recipes. They were very helpful."
- "We rave about your CSA and have gotten some people to try yours as well as the CSA concept in general for those who don't live in the area. We hooked my wife's parents on a CSA in their neighborhood."
- "Thank you for the care you take in farming and providing organic food. The CSA is a great opportunity for our family to experience fresh, healthy fruits and veggies."
- "In general, we've been very happy with Gorman Farms. Compared to friends who have other CSAs and who shop solely at Farmers Markets, we find we get great value for organic produce, the freshest "from the farm" food, and exceptional variety within a week's share."
- "Had comments from friends about how tasty and beautiful items were when they were visiting - much more flavor than grocery store."
- "Everyone working at the stand was always very helpful and friendly."
- "My children understand that food that is good for you is grown. Real food comes from plants. This is an important lesson that children actually have to be taught in today's world."
- "Have never had anything but a great experience. You guys have great hours, are friendly, and take credit cards. Nothing to complain about. I recommend you to everyone."
- "It tickled me to realize that our veggie intake has increased due to participating in the CSA program. I've always had a hard time getting us to eat more veggies, but I suppose that's because I never branched out much from our "comfort veggies". Getting such a variety and quantity each week has really forced me to learn about new veggies and how to use them, and ultimately led to us having new favorites."
- "This was a great experience! We tried many new vegetables as a result of the CSA; which made meal planning a bit of an adventure. We enjoyed the challenge and have found some great ways to use the vegetables that will be "keepers" in our family meals"
Comments from prior seasons
- "Gorman Farm has better variety and more choices, such as the many pepper types, greens types, etc. I liked choosing my own veggies at the stand. I love knowing what veggies I buy are grown locally. You do a fantastic job! I love your newsletter and tried several recipes."
- "Thank you for the opportunity to put my politics in action locally and eat well. You saved me a lot of money $$ at the grocery store because I always overspend when I go, and because of my shares, I didn't have to go nearly as much."
- "This has been great again. I appreciate the knowledge of the staff, the ideas for cooking some of the less common veggies and the variety."
- "Really enjoyed the honey this year! We appreciate everyones kindness and helpful tips!!"
- "We love the recipes in the newsletter and the variety of fruits & veggies."
- "You had more weekly variety, our last CSA had more unusual items, but we were given a box. I liked being able to pick my own produce."
- "The people at your produce stand are extremely friendly, helpful, and informative. We've had a great experience with you."
- "The variety & price of the produce is excellent."
- "Love the newsletter and recipes, would appreciate tours of the field."
- "Food is fresher, enjoy contact with staff which we didn't have before; enjoy talking recipes and help with identifying veggies - which was a problem before. The newsletter was great - also love the signs and general welcoming feelings. It was fun to pick out the produce instead of being given a box - one had a roach last year not your csa. For health and energy reasons we prefer organic and local veggies. We want to support local growers. We want to be challenged to try new produce"
- "I especially enjoyed the variety of greens - it promoted a good diet for the summer"
- "I like the ability to pick from what's available"
- "We've been really happy with the CSA and are so glad that we signed up. We really look forward to next year and stopping by the farm stand."
- "I wanted our family to support a local and organic farm that would provide us with fresh from the farm veggies and introduce us to some new produce. I wanted my children involved in a "hands-on" experience and feel like they had some choice in healthy foods each week.
We have thoroughly enjoyed this, our 1st CSA experience. Yes, we were overwhelmed sometimes with peppers and potatoes but hey - we understand that we get what we get according to your successful (or unsuccessful) season/crop which hinges on weather & other factors out of anyones control (stinkbugs).
This is a risk anyone takes when investing in a share and we knew that coming into it. WE LOVED watching the farm stand transform week to week - from no scales to a few scales to set-up changes to the fancy new CSA chalkboard to providing baked treats from a local baker!
I feel the overall cost of the full share was an absolute bargain (shh…please don't increase the price!!) Each week I compared my share to the local grocery store organic offerings… I happily didn't purchase most veggies at the store from june - oct."
- "Loved the idea of local/close fun to visit with my granddaughters"
- "Thank you for all your hard work & your newsletters. Using Le Ann Chin's cookbook (Chinese stir frying) I used all the greens."
- "It has been a great experience to plan my meals around the season's vegetables"
- "Love being a member of this CSA! We're in for good!"
- "I really enjoyed everything. The newsletters were great way for us to feel connected to the farm. Everyone working there was knowledgable and friendly."
- "It has been fabulous. The food is wonderful and I love coming to the farm with my small son."
- "Great experience"
- "Excellent Staff - very friendly, great experience"
- "We had a great experience - will definitely be back next year"